1st Vice President
2nd Vice President
Sally Wong Avery
YeQing Chen, Rosa Chi, Diana Marjip Chuh, May Hung, Bin Li, Yuman Young
- 50 Cultural Open Houses and more than 200 hours of service.
- Signed as Partner in Education to Barnard Elementary Mandarin Magnet School and provided introduction and endorsement to greater SD Chinese Community, attended school and school district events, provided donations and resources to school and students.
- Moon Festival featuring Moon Light Dancers and Golden Dragon Kungfu Institute
- December Nites, Balboa Park with entertainment by ZiMing Li and Xian Jian Dance Ensemble
- Lead Chinese Community Contingent in Port of San Diego Big Bay Balloon Parade, 12/29 along with CCBA, Hua Xia School, and SD Chinese Women’s Association.
- Chinese New Year Celebration with 550 guests featuring magic, acrobatic, and lion dancers at Jasmine Restaurant. Celebration held in partnership with CCBA, Chinese Service Center, Chinese School of San Diego, U.S. China People Friendship Association, January 18, 2009.
- Chinese Street Fair foods and culture booths, February 7 and 8, 2009.
- Family Day in Balboa Park cottage calligraphy and Organ Pavilion snacks and dance
- Ethnic Food and Culture Fair, Balboa Park, May 24, 2009. With performances by Xian JianDance Ensemble and guzheng player Bonnie Blackburn
- Sponsored/supported friendship activities with: Visited People’s Republic of China Consulate to deliver earth quake relief funds. Hospitality to Chinese high school exchange students. Attended Families with Families with Children Moon Festival and Chinese New Year events. Advised Taste of Asia Food Charity for China Quake Schools, 9/27. Sponsored San Diego Film Festival screenings. Attended Chinese New Year affairs held by – American Chinese Cultural & Education Foundation, North County School, Hua Xia, Chinese Community Church and Historical Society. Underwrote1 day booth expense of the Asian Bone Marrow registry. WelcomedPrincess Taiping ship, Confucius Institute unveiling. Yancheng Children 5/4& 7
- Foo Dog installation permit process begun as part of 75th Anniversary plans for 2010
Directors: President David Seid, Vice PresidentJack Meng, Secretary Nancy Lo, Co-Treasurer Sally Avery and Sharon Dare, Rosa Chi, YeQing Chen,Yuman Young; Grace Seid, Eugenia Fung, May Hung Hung, Dawn Sun, Bin Li, Diana Chuh, Webmaster John Wilson, Hostess Yan Gu