David Seid, President
Retired Human Resources Professional
Lily Zhou, Vice President
President, Z Media
Natasha Wong, Secretary/Treasurer
Director, Chinese Service Center
Directors: Sally Wong-Avery, Edward Park, Diana Marjip Chuh, Jack Fu, Edwin Lin, Frank Du, Dr. Lilly Cheng
• Staged the premier Chinese New Year Celebration dinner show with the Chinese School of San Diego and Chinese Service Center
• Held Chinese New Year Sunday Lawn program
• Continued stalwart participation in the Chinese Center Street Fair
• Received Asian Heritage Proclamations from the County of San Diego and City of San Diego
• Conducted 21st Annual Essay Contest
• Presented Xingjian Dance Studio and San Diego Wushu Center performances at the County Fair in Del Mar.
• Organized the two day Taste of Asia lawn programs introducing diverse Asian cultures.
• Amazed a crowd of over 2,500 during the Moon Festival show at the Organ Pavilion. Provided entertainment by the Confucius Institute, SDSU; 3 lion dance troupes; Xiamen University acrobats, musicians, and dancers; with a grand finale fireworks display.
• Partnered with Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy providing financial and advisement support.
• Hosted (50) Sunday open houses in Balboa Park, plus additional (29) mid-week and Saturday open houses
Please now consider a gift to the HOC to help us promote, preserve and promote Chinese culture and friendship.
- $50 covers the staffing cost of a Sunday open house;
- $250 covers the cost of the top prize in the annual Chinese school essay contest;
- $300 – $400 covers a dance presentation;
- $1000 (life membership level) pays web maintenance and graphic services.