David Seid, President
Retired Human Resources Professional
Lily Zhou, Vice President
President, Z Media
Natasha Wong, Secretary/Treasurer
Director, Chinese Service Center
Directors: Sally Wong-Avery, Edward Park, Diana Marjip Chuh, Jack Fu, Edwin Lin, Frank Du, Dr. Lilly Cheng
- 50 cultural open houses each Sunday in Balboa Park with an estimated 15,000 visitors
- 8 Summer Saturday cultural open houses
- 7 Fourth Tuesday Free Museum cultural open houses
- Annual Chinese New Year Dinner Show with partners Chinese School of San Diego and Chinese Service Center
- Extra Chinese New Year Sunday Lawn program
- Conducted 20th Annual Essay Contest with record 111 entrants
- Promoted and donated to the Alex Yiu “Undiagnosed Illness” campaign
- Organized two day Taste of Asia lawn program, in conjunction with the Houses of India, Korea and Philippines and community partners, Confucius Institute SDSU, Families with Children from China, and Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy.
- Provided entertainment to House of Pacific Relations Ethnic Food Fair and December Nights programs; hosted HPR Ladies Auxiliary luncheon; serve on HPR Fundraising and Short Term Planning Committees
- Stood by other community groups with publicity, advise and donations
Please now consider a gift to the HOC to help us promote, preserve and promote Chinese culture and friendship.
- $50 covers the staffing cost of a Sunday open house;
- $250 covers the cost of the top prize in the annual Chinese school essay contest;
- $300 – $400 covers a dance presentation;
- $1000 (life membership level) pays web maintenance and graphic services.
SAVE THE DATE:
CHINA DAY: Sept. 26 & 27, 2015, Balboa Park